Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A short review of Korea 2010

 Right now I’m having this deep nostalgia of Korea. I miss my big family, the taste of awesome food, the wicked shopping, adventurous nightlife, just the whole lifestyle and my awesome secondary residence. I looked at all these photos I made last year and thought that I could do a short review on my blog J
Let’s begin! This was my summer 2010 (June-August)~!
There are three words how I can describe my stay: weird, kinda regretful and dizzy.
Yess, I kinda regret how I socialized.. (don’t take it in a wrong way, haha), BUT all in all it was amazing as always!
clip_image002[4]
Isn’t this a standard photo every passionate photographer takes while flying? Hahaha






                                                                             Being over the clouds so many times made me to a Morning Calm Member of Korean Air and finally I have access to the morning calm lounge and I can benefit some of their awesome service ! You can eat, drink, relax and take a shower, too. Hehe. It looks like this:
IMG_0030-1                             SAM_3942
 Living in a big city like SEOUL makes you dynamic and all loosen up ..that’s what I love and want! Especially having dates or meet up with friends is so much more fun!
There are so much public transportations and a lot of stores have open till midnight or 24h. I love night shopping, all these coffee shops, multi cafes, cosmetic stores, karaoke bars, etc. …btw Multi-Cafes are awesome!!!!

Review: Multi Café TANIA (do likey)
These cafes are just like normal cafes, but instead of sitting on chairs you have your own room! It’s decorated really cute and clean. It’s stuffed with cushions, there’s a TV with a Nintendo Wii and outside is a buffet (drinks, cookies, ice cream etc.) For a couple it costs 14000Won = 9 Euro (The price is various depending on daytime, nighttime, people, extra services etc.) . This is a perfect location to go as a couples or just with girlfriends.  Isn’t it awesome to have had a boyfriend who took you to all these pretty places? ^^

The room




At my aunts home we ordered some food!~ I miss 자장면 (jajangmyun)!



  SAM_3721 copy
My little cousin is so dorky and cute!~ I know we will be best friends forever kkk. Some months ago he came to visit us in Germany and he’s only 10years old and flew all the way alone!~~
<-- I forced myself to play Blue Marble with him hahah.. however I lost…..













This is the “chesa” of my great grandmother, it’s like a memorial day of a deceased family member which is of course every year. I like how the family comes together and prepare the food. The ceremony begins at noon and right after we eat all together ~
chesa
  Shopping at “HomePlus” mart and do I need to mention that it was 2 o’clock in the morning? :D I guess we are nocturnal..hahha. I was surprised how many people were there…
SAM_4386


Review: VIPS Steak & Salad Restaurant
My aunt invited us for lunch at VIPS ! And I just can say this restaurant is totally awesome!!! It’s my second time there and it definitely won’t be the last time. 









When you order the “salad bar” (it’s a buffet..so it rules “All you can eat”) you can eat like EVERYTHING, the variety and the freshness of food is amazing!!! From pizza to cake to Korean noodles, spaghetti, chicken, sea food, ice cream, fruits, bread,soup, all sorts of salads, burritos etc. And everything tastes AMAZING. Furthermore the kind service and the quality of food makes it unbelievable. Basically you can order steak and/or the salad bar. Just writing about this makes me so hungry.. ㅜㅜ omg, I miss it so much. And the best part…the lunch salad bar costs only ~18.000Won = ~12€ !!!



My “little” brother and I at “Gwanghwamun” it’s in the center of Seoul~
SAM_3668 copy
Having lunch at the canteen in Lotte Hotel. I ordered Japanese food I think it’s called takoyaki with rice and stuff..haha
 SAM_3686 copy                    SAM_3695 copy
Shortly after.. we went to Myeongdong (shopping district) and I got myself something to drink from Dunkin Donats.
image
While being in Korea I used this phone. Though it’s not a smartphone it’s the cutest mobile phone I ever used ..and the brand name is "Ever" :D
 handy
 Anywhere I went songs like “I need a girl” and “bad girl, good girl” were played in public. Whenever I listen to these songs it reminds me of summer 2010 ^^ .
Taeyang’s “I need a girl”
Miss A’s “Bad girl, good girl”
Sadly I was so busy that I didn’t take much photos, but there’s always a next time ^^ Peace guys!~
SAM_4363

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? :)